Information disclosure obligations pursuant to Art. 13 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Use of KnowledgeFox software
If you register for one of our learning offers, e.g. via i.knowledgefox.net or the KnowledgeFox app, you will be asked for your name and e-mail address. By registering, you explicitly consent to the processing of this data. The data processing is necessary in order to use Knowledgefox software. This data is used for the following purposes:
- To record your learning progress, personalize your learning sequence accordingly and optimally support your knowledge acquisition.
- To enable the resetting of your password
- To issue and send certificates for completed courses (optional)
- To enable you to participate in KnowledgeMatches (optional) so that other participants can select you from the opponents list and challenge you to play a match.
- To inform you of any current KnowledgeMatch invitations.
The processing takes place under the responsibility of Knowledgefox GmbH, Thurngasse 8/12, 1090 Vienna. KnowledgeFox does not pass on your data to third parties, except to commissioned data processors (e.g. operators of the data center in which our servers are located) – provided that they are contractually committed to KnowledgeFox to comply with data protection regulations and may not use the data for their own purposes – and research partners who receive anonymized data for the evaluation and further improvement of our products.
In the event that you stop using KnowledgeFox, your account will be maintained for the following 36 months. After this time period, we will automatically delete your data. However, you can revoke your consent to use the software at any time without citing any reason. To this end, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to access, rectify and erase the data, the right to restrict processing, to object to processing (in particular, to the sending of direct marketing) and the right to port your data to another controller. With regard to all such matters, please write to email@example.com.
Hereby unaffected is your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Use of KnowledgeFox software as a third-party offer